Release 2.4 - Improvements to the search
This release focuses on the improvement of the seach with Russian characters in property names and values.
In this release
Use Russian or most UTF-8 characters in property names, values and in the search.
This is rather a technical release, to check everything works well with some big underlying change:
We support UTF-8 in property names and values! (long-awaited feature) We also support numbers, for example "baseline = 1" is now legal.
We've removed the "Email our support from within the app" feature, for GDPR compliance.
We've disabled jobs when Confluence was in read-only mode.
Our change: We index properties differently.
Before: We used to let the user search on the HTML of the properties,
After: We've split the column between display and search, so what is displayed is the HTML, but what can be searched is the textual content of a value.
Example: If a property contained a status, the HTML would be something like <span class="status-success">OK</span>, so the search query would be ugly: @Property = '<span class="status-success">OK</span>'
Stored data for display
Stored data for search
(None, it didn't exist)
@Property = '<span class="status-success">OK</span>'
The search was ugly.
@Property = 'OK'
I hope you understand that this is a major improvement, and will be satisfied with the implementation.
It is not necessary anymore to use quotes around numbers: "baseline = 1" or "page = 2" are valid queries,
We've introduced "==" for the strict equality.
We've introduced functions, for the moment only one:
user("mylogin") returns an object of type User which can only be used when checking mentions in properties, example: @Author = user("mylogin"). Also works with the user's key.